Freshman Application Requirements
Required Application Components
- Coalition Application or Common Application
- $90 nonrefundable application fee or fee waiver request
- ACT or SAT (Writing/Essay not required) (refer to testing for score reporting policies)
- School Report and counselor letter of recommendation
- Official transcript(s)
- Letters of recommendation from two teachers
- Midyear transcript (by February 15)
Optional Arts Portfolio
- The Arts Portfolio is optional and may be submitted to highlight extraordinary talent in the arts. Students must submit their application and Arts Portfolio by an earlier deadline.
After submitting your application
- You will receive an application acknowledgement email from Stanford once your application has been processed. Double-check that your email address is valid to ensure you receive all correspondence.
- Check your Application Status portal regularly to ensure we receive all required materials.
- Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email address book or safe senders list.
Stanford reserves the right to evaluate an application and render a final decision even if all pieces of the application have not been received.