Freshman Application Requirements
In response to COVID-19
Our standard requirements are below. In light of challenges related to COVID-19, some requirements have changed for applications submitted during the 2021-2022 academic year. Please see our COVID-19 application updates for details.
Required Application Components
- Coalition Application or Common Application
- $90 nonrefundable application fee or fee waiver request
- ACT or SAT test scores (refer to testing for score reporting policies)
- School Report and counselor letter of recommendation
- Official transcript(s) or academic results
- Letters of recommendation from two teachers
- Midyear transcript (by February 15)
Optional Arts Portfolio
- The Arts Portfolio is optional and may be submitted to highlight extraordinary talent in the arts. Students must submit their application and Arts Portfolio by an earlier deadline.
After submitting your application
- You will receive an application acknowledgement email from Stanford once your application has been processed. Double-check that your email address is valid to ensure you receive all correspondence.
- Check your Stanford portal regularly to track the receipt of all required materials.
- Add email@example.com to your email address book or safe senders list.
- If you attend high school in an Interview Area, an alumni volunteer may invite you by email to participate in an optional interview.
Stanford reserves the right to evaluate an application and render a final decision even if all pieces of the application have not been received.
Applicants are limited to a total of three applications for undergraduate admission, whether for freshman admission, transfer admission or a combination of both. If you have submitted fewer than three applications to Stanford, you may reapply.Updated on July 29, 2021 5:02 PM