Transfer Application Requirements
Required Application Components
- Coalition Application or Common Application
- $90 nonrefundable application fee or fee waiver request
- SAT or ACT test scores (essay or writing component not required)
- Official high school transcript (including your graduation date) or equivalent (e.g. certified copy of GED)
- Official transcript(s) from every college/university from which you earned credit
- College report (a form completed by a school official that provides information about your standing at your current or most recent previous institution)
- Letters of recommendation from two academic instructors
Optional Arts Portfolio
- The Arts Portfolio is optional and may be submitted to highlight extraordinary talent in the arts.
After submitting your application
- You will receive an application acknowledgement email from Stanford once the application has been processed. Double-check that your email address is valid to ensure you receive all correspondence.
- Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email address book or safe senders list.
- Check your application status regularly once we have sent you an email confirming receipt of your application.
- Consider applying for financial aid. Visit financialaid.stanford.edu for deadlines and details.
Stanford reserves the right to evaluate an application and render a final decision even if all pieces of the application have not been received.