Transfer Application Requirements
In response to COVID-19
Our standard requirements are below. In light of challenges related to COVID-19, some requirements have changed for applications submitted during the 2020-2021 academic year only. Please see our COVID-19 application updates for details.
Required Application Components
- Coalition Application or Common Application
- $90 nonrefundable application fee or fee waiver request
- ACT or SAT test scores (refer to testing for score reporting policies)
- Official high school transcript (should include your graduation date). Visit our Transcripts and College Report page for information about equivalent documents you may submit.
- Official transcript(s) from every college/university from which you earned credit
- College Report (a form completed by a school official that provides information about your standing at your current or most recent institution)
- Letters of recommendation from two academic instructors
Optional Arts Portfolio
- The Arts Portfolio is optional and may be submitted to highlight extraordinary talent in the arts.
After submitting your application
- You will receive an application acknowledgement email from Stanford once your application has been processed.
- Check your application status portal regularly to track the receipt of all required materials.
- Add email@example.com to your email address book or safe senders list.
- Consider applying for financial aid. Visit financialaid.stanford.edu for deadlines and details.
Stanford reserves the right to evaluate an application and render a final decision even if all pieces of the application have not been received.