Freshman Application Requirements
Required School Forms
- Ask your counselor or school official to submit your official transcript (grades 9–12 required).
- Request official transcripts for any high school, college, university, or online course not reported on your current high school transcript.
School Report and Counselor Recommendation
- If you are using the Coalition Application, ask your counselor to submit the Counselor Recommendation, which includes the School Report, Student Assessment, and a recommendation letter.
- If you are using the Common Application, ask your counselor to submit the School Report form, the Counselor Recommendation form, and a recommendation letter.
- Note: the School Report is a required form located in the application. Your counselor fills out and submits this form on your behalf. The School Report is an opportunity for your counselor to tell us about your academic strengths and achievements in the context of the academic programs and opportunities available in your school.
Your high school may have a published school profile, but this profile on its own does not fulfill the School Report requirement.
Two Teacher Recommendations
- Ask two of your teachers to submit the Coalition or Common Application academic/evaluation form and a recommendation letter.
- We recommend requesting letters from grade 11 or 12 teachers in the following subject areas: English, mathematics, science, foreign language, history/social studies. A letter from a grade 10 teacher is fine if the coursework was advanced (e.g., Honors, AP, IB).
- You may submit one optional letter if there is another person who knows you well and can provide new insights about you. Your recommender may send the letter as an email attachment to email@example.com. Include your full legal name, school, and date of birth.
Midyear and Final Transcript
- Ask your counselor to submit your midyear transcript as soon as it is available or by February 15.
- If you are admitted and decide to enroll, ask your counselor to submit your final transcript by July 1.
How to Submit Required Materials
- Use Coalition or Common Application online forms whenever possible. This is the fastest method for materials to reach your file.
- If online submission is not possible, materials may be sent as an email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When ordering college transcripts, please use email@example.com as the contact email.
- As a standard practice, we offer a grace period after the application deadline during which teachers and counselors may submit application materials.
- In general, materials submitted by others may take several weeks to process. As a result, your checklist may not be complete by the deadline. This is completely fine. Simply continue to check your Application Status Page regularly until we have received all items.