Transfer Application Requirements
Students who wish to highlight their extraordinary talent in the fine or performing arts may submit an Optional Arts Portfolio in one of the following areas: Art Practice, Dance, Music, or Theater and Performance Studies.
To participate, you must submit your application by March 15 and portfolio by March 20.
Materials for Arts Portfolio
March 15, 2022
March 20, 2022
- Select "Yes" to the application question, "Do you intend to submit an Arts Portfolio?"
- Submit your Coalition Application or Common Application by the March 15 deadline. After Stanford receives your application, we will email you (within 48 hours) with instructions on how to access your Stanford portal.
- Log in to your Stanford portal, scroll below your checklist to the "Optional Arts Portfolio" section, and submit the Arts Portfolio form. Once submitted, you will see a link to upload your portfolio materials.
- Use the link to upload your Arts Portfolio materials by March 15.
Arts Portfolio Requirements
Frequently Asked Questions
Any student who wishes to highlight their extraordinary talent in the fine or performing arts is welcome to submit an Arts Portfolio. Arts Portfolio applicants have often received significant awards and honors at a state, national, or international level.
We understand many students are accomplished across a number of art forms. Candidates should submit a portfolio in the area that best represents their strength in the arts and the art form they are most likely to pursue in college.
If you submit an Arts Portfolio, you are not required to major in the arts.
If you do not submit an Arts Portfolio, you may still study or participate in the arts at Stanford and are encouraged to do so. We welcome the participation of all students in the arts.
- Portfolios will be reviewed at the discretion of the Office of Undergraduate Admission and the fine arts faculty.
- Items mailed to Stanford will not be returned.