Transfer Requirements & Process
Transfer admission is considerably more competitive than freshman admission. In recent years the transfer admit rate has ranged from one to four percent. Between 20 and 40 transfer student spaces are typically available each year.
Use the Transfer Requirements & Process web pages as guides to preparing your transfer application to Stanford.
- The Arts Portfolio is optional and may be submitted to highlight extraordinary talent in the arts.
Required Application Components
- Coalition Application or Common Application
- $90 nonrefundable application fee or fee waiver request
(counselor verification required)
- Official testing (SAT with Essay or ACT with Writing) sent from the College Board or ACT
- Complete High School Transcript (including your graduation date)
- Official Transcript(s) from every college/university from which you earned credit
- College Report
- Two Academic Evaluations
After submitting your application
- ADD firstname.lastname@example.org to your email address book or safe senders list. Double-check that your email address is valid to ensure you receive all Stanford University correspondence.
- CHECK your application status regularly once we have sent you an email confirming receipt of your application.
- EMAIL email@example.com informing us if you used a different first name, last name or email address on testing documents.
- CONSIDER applying for financial aid. Visit financialaid.stanford.edu for deadlines and details.
Stanford reserves the right to evaluate an application and render a final decision even if all pieces of the application have not been received.