Freshman Requirements & Process
Use the Freshman Application Instructions and the Freshman Requirements & Process web pages as guides to prepare your application to Stanford.
- The Arts Portfolio is optional and may be submitted to highlight extraordinary talent in the arts.
Required Application Components
- Coalition Application or Common Application
- $90 nonrefundable application fee or fee waiver request
(counselor verification required)
- Official testing (SAT with Essay or ACT with Writing) sent from the College Board or ACT
- School report including counselor letter of recommendation
- Official transcript(s)
- Letters of recommendation from two teachers
- Midyear transcript
After submitting your application
- ADD firstname.lastname@example.org to your email address book or safe senders list. Double-check that your email address is valid to ensure you receive all Stanford University correspondence.
- CHECK your application status regularly once we have sent you an email confirming receipt of your application.
- CONSIDER applying for financial aid. Visit financialaid.stanford.edu for deadlines and details.
Stanford reserves the right to evaluate an application and render a final decision even if all pieces of the application have not been received.