Freshman Application Requirements
Required Application Components
- Coalition Application or Common Application
- $90 nonrefundable application fee or fee waiver request
- SAT or ACT test scores (refer to testing for score reporting policies)
- School Report and counselor letter of recommendation
- Official transcript(s)
- Letters of recommendation from two teachers
- Midyear transcript (by February 15)
Optional Arts Portfolio
- The Arts Portfolio is optional and may be submitted to highlight extraordinary talent in the arts. Students must submit their application and Arts Portfolio by an earlier deadline.
After submitting your application
- You will receive an application acknowledgement email from Stanford once the application has been processed. Double-check that your email address is valid to ensure you receive all correspondence.
- Add email@example.com to your email address book or safe senders list. Updates and communications will be sent from this address. Do not send any application materials to this address.
- Ask your recommenders to submit all required materials online through the Coalition or Common Application. If online submission is not possible, they may send application materials via email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Always ask them to include your full name, date of birth and current high school in the communication.
- Check your application status regularly once we have sent you an email confirming receipt of your application.
- Consider applying for financial aid. Visit financialaid.stanford.edu for deadlines and instructions on how to submit materials to the Financial Aid Office.
Stanford reserves the right to evaluate an application and render a final decision even if all pieces of the application have not been received.