Admission Volunteers (OVAL)
Welcome to OVAL!
OVAL stands for Outreach Volunteer Alumni Link. OVAL volunteers are alumni (and occasionally parent) ambassadors across the United States and around the world who represent Stanford for the Office of Undergraduate Admission in outreach activities.
OVAL volunteers share their Stanford experiences with students and serve as resources for students who want to learn more about Stanford.
- Represent Stanford at local college fairs and regional information sessions
- Serve on panels at Stanford-sponsored events for prospective students
- Attend and/or host admitted student receptions
- Conduct applicant interviews (in selected areas)
- Host volunteer training workshops
- Serve on a regional OVAL leadership team
For most volunteers, the OVAL time commitment will be about 5-15 hours per year. Visit our Volunteer Roles page for additional information.
OVAL volunteers must be Stanford alumni or parents of Stanford undergraduates. Undergraduate and graduate school alumni are welcome to participate in the OVAL program. An understanding of Stanford’s unique undergraduate experience is required. In general, Stanford faculty and staff who are also Stanford alumni may serve as OVAL volunteers. Before signing up, please read our specific Eligibility Requirements.
Register now to participate in reaching the next generation of Stanford students.
Updated on November 2, 2018 8:07 AM