Admission Volunteers (OVAL)
Welcome to OVAL!
OVAL stands for Outreach Volunteer Alumni Link. OVAL members are alumni (and in some cases parent) ambassadors all over the country and the world who represent Stanford for the Office of Undergraduate Admission in a host of outreach activities.
- share their Stanford experiences with students; and
- serve as resources for students who want to learn more about Stanford.
Our members are everywhere, including many places that our staff cannot physically be. Through OVAL we hope to mobilize Stanford alumni/parents to help Stanford reach schools, neighborhoods and communities across the globe, and especially those underserved by traditional educational resources.
- Attending local college fairs
- Attending regional information sessions
- Serving on panels for prospective students
- Attending/hosting admitted student receptions
- Conducting applicant interviews (in selected areas)
- Hosting volunteer training workshops
- Serving on a regional OVAL leadership team
For most volunteers, the OVAL time commitment will be about 5-15 hours per year. Visit our Volunteer Roles page for additional information on available opportunities.
OVAL members must be Stanford alumni or parents of Stanford undergraduates. Undergraduate and graduate school alumni are welcome to participate in the OVAL program. In general, Stanford faculty and staff who are also Stanford alumni may serve as OVAL volunteers. Before signing up, please read our specific Eligibility Requirements.
Register now to participate in reaching the next generation of Stanford students.
Updated on March 6, 2015 10:20 AM